The Beauty Is Out Now!

The Beauty, my second book, officially released in ebook on March 10th. I had so many plans for this release-- blog posts, special videos, email announcements, and countdown graphics! But life had other plans for me.

A couple days before the release, an epic windstorm hit the town and knocked everyone's power out. So, no internet. All I could do was read books and play board games by candlelight. Okay, it wasn't a horrible way to spend my time. I actually started to enjoy how slowed down everything was. But I hated not being able to promote my release. The Beauty already had plenty working against it; a late release and 'Beauty and The Beast' retellings hitting the market like a flood of biblical proportions. The last thing this book needed was a release where the author didn't even talk about it lol.

Sadly, it was all out of my hands. The best I could do was make a trip into B&N the day before to charge my computer and make a few quick posts to tell everyone what was going on. I have to give a big thanks to all of the readers who stepped up to promote The Beauty when I couldn't. It really and truly meant a lot to me. Fortunately, the power came back on the night of the release and I've been working hard at doing some promotional catch up.

Before I move on, let me just say, The Beauty WILL BE RELEASED IN PAPERBACK. My formatter is booked up right now and can't get started on it for a few weeks. I'm also waiting on the paperback cover design (That's the spine and the back cover). I'm hoping to see the paperback come out in April. If for some reason my new cover designer doesn't work out for the paperback cover, then it could potentially be even longer. I'll tell you right now, the more ebooks I sell, the faster I'll be able to publish the paperback in that scenario. Everything costs money, and money is what I don't have right now. But, fingers crossed, everything will work out with this new designer and I won't have to hire someone new.

So, now seems like a good time to let you all in on my writing plan this year. I am hoping--at minimum--to release two books more this year. I'd like to release The Hunter Legends book three, The Curse, and I'd like to release the first in an Adult Paranormal Romance series titled Grave Things. Three books in one year will be a record for me, so I could be pushing myself too much. But I feel stronger and more confident in my writing abilities after finishing The Beauty. Writing book two was like walking through fire to transition from an amateur to a professional. Heh, or at least a level one professional.

I'm also looking into releasing hardcovers later this year. I cannot promise it will happen, but I found a third party publisher that has potential in this area. It will be expensive though because I'll need to buy my own ISBNs, reformat my books, and have my covers resized. Maybe by the end of the year I'll be able to afford it. I would just love to have hardcovers of my books. I don't even care if they sell well, I just want them for myself lol.

With all of that said, links to my new release below. Please read and review it. Till next time! -Lindsay Mead

-The Beauty on Amazon
-The Beauty on Goodreads
-The Beast on Amazon
-Order Signed Paperbacks

Can love thrive in a kingdom of secrets? 
Rumors of King Aleksander abound, sowing seeds of fear and doubt among the populace. Worse, there’s only so much Belle can do to repair the damage caused by the former Bishop’s fear-mongering. With challenges and new enemies threatening, the couple will have to prove the strength of their love.
Of course, a cure for the king and his cursed people could solve everything. It may be as simple as reaching out to the right scientists, or maybe it’s all beyond the ingenuity of man. Tensions mount as old foes refuse to stay dead and unexpected revelations leave the future uncertain. But ultimately, it’s the half-truths that could lead to heartbreak.
The Beauty is the second book in The Hunter Legends, a re-imagining of the infamous love between a beauty and a beast.
Young Adult Fantasy/Adventure Romance


This entry was posted on and is filed under ,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Responses are currently closed.